I took my Giant Bowery, currently singlespeed, up Howth Head Sunday evening. I was a bit concerned with how the Bowery would go on the climb, but I want to get a couple of goes up Howth in before I turn it fixed gear (because I love high speed descents).
There are loads of sports events I really want to make sure I get to before the next life (when I might not be such a sports fan).
- Hong Kong Sevens Tournament (rugby) – there are loads of rugby 7s tournaments, this is the original headline event.
- State of Origin series (Australian rugby league)
- A Superbowl (American football)
- An All-Ireland GAA football final with Dublin beating Kerry, Meath, Cork, or Tyrone.Â Actually, make that 4 All-Ireland finals (with Dublin …)
- Tour de France Alpe D’Huez stage finish
15 days cycling
~40kg gear on bike Continue reading “Cycle Tour – Loire Valley, France”
I intended to cycle to Galway last Thursday, the route was the canal towpaths out of town as far as Moyvalley bridge, then along the old N4 to Galway, hopefully getting as far as Ballinasloe, Oranmore or even Galway city. Instead of starting at 6am like I intended, I actually started at 8am, which really hurt on the far end. I made it as far as Athlone before I ran out of time (I was getting a lift at the far end). Realistically, I could have made it to Ballinasloe, but not Galway city itself. (Lesson: go to bed before 3am the night before.)